Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (Established under Punjab Act 12 of 2006) firmly believes in democratic ideals, transparency of information and accountability to the governed.
In the light of Section 4(b)(xvi) of the Act, Mr. K.C. Rana, Supdt. Establishment is the State Public Information Officer and Professor (Dr.) G.I.S. Sandhu, Registrar is the State Appellate Authority for providing required information relating to the activities of the University. Required Application Form for seeking information under the Right to Information Act is appended below.
Information under Section 4 of the Right to Information Act,2005
1. The particulars of its Organisation, functions and duties.
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab is actively engaged in Teaching and research in the area of law and related fields. The university imparts education leading to the Degree of B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) course, LL.M. It also provides necessary guidance and supervision for award of the Degree of Ph.D. and M.Phil. in the university. The University is also actively engaged in curricular and extra curricular activities.
2. The powers and duties of its officers and employees.
All the teaching faculty members are actively engaged in teaching, research and guiding the students at different levels. Faculty members are also engaged in active research of their own. The administrative staff performs functions of their respective branches.
3. The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
At the university level, all the decisions are taken as per the Rules and Regulations of the University. As per RGNUL Act there are three governing bodies, i.e., governing council, Executive Council and Academic Council and their respective functions are prescribed under the act. All the matters regarding admissions and migration are placed before the concern bodies.All the decisions are taken by the appropriate committees/bodies of the university.
4. The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions.
All the functions are discharged by following democratic process by appropriate bodies/committees constituted under the Rules and Regulations of the University.
5. The act, statues and regulations held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
All the Rules and Regulations, instruction are given in the RGNUL Act and Statutes which are available on the website of the university and no separate rules, regulations etc. are held under the control of the university as such except those records which pertains exclusively to the university.
6. A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.
Attendance registers, stock register, fee receipts,admission forms of students, internal assessment awards, correspondence files pertaining to the university, service books of teaching and non-teaching staff etc. are held under the control of the university.
7. The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof.
The University has a Legal Aid Clinic through which legal awareness is spread in the society and from time to time people from Bar and the Bench are associated in organizing different programmes/functions which are conducted in the University.
8. A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils,committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
Under the relevant Rules and Regulations of the university,the Governing Council, Academic Council, Executive Council have been constituted to discharge their respective functions as given in the RGNUL Act and Statute . The University has also constituted committees such as Moot Court Committee, Literary & Debate Committee, Cultural Committee, Internship and Placement Cell Committee etc.
9. A directory of its officers and employees.
The directory of the faculty working in the university is available on the website of the univeristy. Regarding other officers and employees, they keep on getting transferred in the university. Their complete record is available with the Administrative Branch of the University.
10. The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations.
The record of monthly remuneration received by each of the officer and employee of the university is maintained by and held under the control of the Accounts Branch of the university.
11. The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made.
The budget allocation is also made by the university for every financial year and the details of which are available with the Budget Section of the university.
12. The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes.
All programmes are executed after the approval of the appropriate bodies. The total amount allocated for any programme and utilized for any programme is subject to the approval of the auditors (appointed by the Govt.) and prior approval of the competent authorities. The beneficiaries of such programes are mainly the students and staff members working in the University.
13. Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted by it.
The university receives fees from the student as prescribed by the university from time to time. All concessions including fee concession are given to the students under the rules and regulations of the university.
14. Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form.
The information pertaining to the faculty members and the students is reduced in an electronic form and is available in the Computer Centre of the university.
15. The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.
The facilities of the university are primarily available to the students and staff of the university. The working hours of the university are from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. The Library of the university is open from 8.30 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. and it is primarily available for use to the students and the faculty members. However, any members of the public can have access to the library with prior permission of the Registrar.
16. The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers.
Mr. K.C Rana, Supdt. (Establishment) is the State Public Information Officer for the information held by the RGNUL, Punjab. His contact number is 0175-2391302
17. Such other information as may be prescribed; and there after update these publications every year.
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab has its own website i.e. www.rgnul.ac.in and the important information is displayed on the said website from time to time.