RGNUL Literary & Debating Committee
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the RLDC are as follows:
- To promote and encourage literary and debating activities and events among the students of RGNUL.
- To organize, supervise, oversee and regulate all RGNUL inter literary and debating events, including participation in inter college events.
- To organize, supervise, oversee and regulate all Literary and Debating events organized by RGNUL.
- For the purposes of this constitution, literary events shall mean to include quizzes, spelling bee, fiction writing, non-fiction writing not of a legal nature, poetry; and informal events such as Dictionary, dumb charades, etc. which do not involve, singing, dancing, acting or any cultural activity.
- For the purposes of this constitution, debating activities shall mean to include conventional debates, parliamentary debates, presidential debates, British parliamentary debates, MUNs, JAMs; and other events which require public speaking not being a cultural event, literary event, legal event, moot court or client counselling competition.
- The RLDC shall supervise, organize, oversee and regulate any other event if authorized by the Vice-Chancellor and such event shall be included in the definition of literary and debating event.
- The RLDC shall be responsible for overseeing, supervising, organizing all literary and debating events conducted in RGNUL
- The RLDC shall organize, supervise, oversee and regulate all inter literary and debating events
- The RLDC shall organize, supervise, oversee and regulate all inter college literary and debating events conducted in RGNUL, as a part of any fest or otherwise
- It shall also regulate, organize and oversee the selection of students to represent the University in all literary and debating events to be conducted outside the university, as a part of any fest or otherwise
- The RLDC shall frame the rules for every literary and debating event conducted in RGNUL
- The RLDC may create sub-committees consisting of assigned members and volunteers in order to organize any literary and debating events.
- The RLDC reserves the right to frame rules and regulations for every event that it organizes including inter competitions and inter college competitions.
- The RLDC shall discharge all other official functions related to literary and debating activities not covered herein.